top of page
web 3.jpg

Funded Hours

Ladybird Children’s Nursery are happy to offer both the Universal Entitlement of Early Years Funding and the Extended Entitlement of Early Years Funding for working parents. Your child is entitled to the funding the term after their third birthday.


Their birthday must fall before the cut-off date in order to receive the funding the following term. These dates are:

  • 31st August for the September - December term (Autumn Term)

  • 31st December for the January - April term (Spring Term)

  • 31st March for the May - August term (Summer Term)

We also offer places for those children eligible for two year old funding. There are certain criteria that apply in order to receive this funding. Please see below.

What am I entitled to?

Children are entitled to 15 funded hours per week, for 38 weeks per year.  A copy of our term dates are available from your individual pre-school.

How do I claim it?

You will be required to complete a form with your child’s personal details and we will need to see a copy of your child’s birth certificate. For two year old's, we need authorisation from the local authority that you fulfil the criteria and you will be required to complete the headcount forms.

Two year old funding eligibility

The following two years old's may be eligible:

Parents who are in receipt of one of the following:

  • Income Support

  • Income based Job Seekers Allowance

  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance

  • Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit

  • Tax credit and have an annual income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)

or if the 2 year old:

  • Has a statutory statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan. (Parents cannot self-refer for funding based on this criteria)

  • Has left local authority care through a Special Guardianship Order, adoption or residence Order

  • Is currently a Looked After Child, e.g. in foster care

  • Is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance

Parents and carers need to complete a funding form from your Nursery Manager. Once awarded the funding continues even if your circumstances change or if you choose to move your child to another provider.

bottom of page